HiPP's A-Z of pregnancy & child health
The A-Z contains information on many aspects of pregnancy
and child health. It is arranged alphabetically so you can find what you are looking for with ease. If you are at all concerned about your health or your child’s health, please consult your health professional.
No results have been found for 'indigestion'. Try another keyword?
Some women suffer indigestion in early pregnancy. Here are some things that you can do to help relieve it:
- Try keeping a food diary to check whether certain foods make the problem worse
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Eat little and often and avoid big meals
- Avoid eating too close to bedtime
- Don't drink too much with your meals - drink more between meals
- Avoid clothes that are too tight round your waist and tummy
- Don't chew gum
- Avoid becoming constipated
- Try exercising
If the above do not help, talk to your pharmacist or GP about remedies for indigestion that are safe to take during pregnancy.
Back to top