Babies of this age…
- Will open their hands and will watch them
- May start to laugh
- Are likely to be able to hold their heads steady
- Love toys that make a noise, such as rattles
- May be able to grasp a rattle for a few seconds
- May do mini push ups when lying on their tummies
It probably seems like only yesterday that your baby was a tiny newborn and, when you look back on it, didn’t do very much! At this age, your baby is becoming very responsive, which makes it a lot of fun to talk and play together. Babies also benefit from quiet time, when they can watch what’s going on, play with their hands and dream dreams.