A classic pasta dish with extra veggies to provide your little one with a variety of flavours and textures. This recipe is suitable for babies aged 7 months and above. However, once your child has reached 12 months, you might like to try our HiPP Organic Pasta Farm - specially developed for toddlers, these dried pasta shapes are easily prepared and with eight different animal shapes to find, and will make mealtimes lots of fun.
Pasta Bolognese with veggies
- Pasta of your choice
- Frozen or fresh veggies
- HiPP Organic Bolognese sauce
Note : Choose the right size and shape of pasta to best suit your baby's stage of weaning. Orzo pasta is a good choice to begin with, and then you can move onto other larger pasta shapes as your baby progresses and is able to chew better.
1. Cook the required portion of pasta shapes to suit your baby's appetite according to the instructions on the packaging. Add some frozen or fresh veggies (e.g. spinach, broccoli, peas) to the boiling water for the last 5-6 minutes of cooking time.
2. Drain the pasta shapes and veggies, then stir in some HiPP Organic Bolognese sauce (the amount that you use will depend on the portion size and level of 'sauciness' you are after).
3. Check the temperature of the meal before feeding to your baby.
4. Store any remaining sauce in the jar in the refrigerator and use within 24 hours.